Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day 2008

So, spend the day grilling? Nope! Not today...

Wife called me at work on Wednesday afternoon, saying that there was a loud crash in the house:

GA 6-13-08 001 (Large)

My 36x36 bathroom mirror decided 10 years was enough. I'm not terribly handy, but i like to think I am. So a short trip to Home Depot got me a quick and easy replacement.

GA 6-13-08 050 (Large)

 

And earlier in the week, we had a really forceful windstorm that knocked one of our patio chairs into the table, knocking off a few of the granite tiles - two on the top and the two side corner pieces. Lowes may be cleaner, but I like the help at Depot better. Bob told me exactly what I'd need, and tomorrow hopefully I'll be able to touch up the epoxy and make it blend in again.

GA 6-13-08 049 (Large) 

 

Well, at least today I get to watch the final of the US Open in relative peace while wife packs for a week in Miami, so I've got a few nights to myself, but I do have to work all weekend, as well as pick up wife and son from the airport Sunday afternoon. Not much time for grilling while they're gone unfortunately, but at least for Father's Day I've got two last 8-oz filets from Costco.

No comments: