Saturday, September 29, 2007

You got 16 pounds and what do you get?

Smoked baby backs!

We're hosting a patio party tomorrow for friends we used to work with. Total of 27 people expected, kids and adults. Should be a blast - it'll be our biggest party ever. I've got 8 racks of ribs in a neighbor's fridge - there's not enough space in ours. Come to think of it, there's probably not enough space on my kettle for all of them. I've got a standing rib rack that should hold 6, and maybe I'll jury rig the other two on the Smokenator's second grate level. Somehow...

We've also got chicken thighs and drumsticks marinating in mojo sauce overnight, and your basic burgers and dogs... you know, for kids. Wife is making her specialties for app's - salsa and guacamole, plus a chili cheese dip I could eat all day, and a crab dip I won't touch.

I know there are other sides she bought (you can only prep so much), but I just finished 2 pounds of BBQ macaroni salad, a recipe from Cook's Country. It is quite simply the best macaroni salad I've ever had. Considering it's only the third or fourth I've had, it doesn't really say much. But it does rock.

Tomorrow I only need to make my BBQ sauce, which hopefully won't be necessary, and do a ton of setup work before people start arriving around 2:30p. Fortunately, the Hoegaarden beer is already in the cooler....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks great! Too bad we live hundred of miles apart, I could have brought by the rotisserie collar for the kettle. That could have given you some more vertical distance to put everything in.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out!