Friday, August 10, 2007

Tri tip vs Smokenator

Wife and son are in Florida visiting family, gone since Wednesday until Sunday. Sadly, instead of living out a Risky Business sort of temporary bachelorhood, I've been working, getting house stuff done, and getting to some long-needed cleaning. Tomorrow isn't even a real Saturday off, because I have to head down to work around 8p. I've got a whole list of things I need to get done tomorrow, and I don't get home until Sunday evening, so amidst all this work I've set myself up to do I'm going to try smoking a tri tip.

tri tip 001

Paprika, chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder, ground ginger, dry mustard, kosher salt and pepper - recipe from here. No idea how the rub will turn out, but it was one of the few recipes I found online for smoked tri tip, versus regular grill roasted. This is sitting in the fridge overnight, and could wind up either tomorrow's lunch or dinner.

Hopefully, I'll get a little more experience with the Smokenator tomorrow, as even though I still want to do this low & slow, I don't want it as low & slow as my first time using it. Not sure if a new recipe with a cut of meat I've never tried is the right way to go, but I have to learn somehow.

Back to folding laundry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! It sounds good so far.