Thursday, June 14, 2007

Block party

We had a going-away party for a neighbor moving next week. Lots of kids, meaning lots of different things to grill. Wife was great in prepping everything that day, marinating some mojo chicken and some flank steak in a fajita sauce. Her guacamole cannot be beat. Some burgers and dogs, of course, and a plain flank for tacos. Or burritos. Maybe they were fajitas. Wraps?



My son in orange.

A new next-door neighbor and a friend join the party for a few minutes.

Probably should have put away the garden hose...


One of the best purchases ever, way cheaper than renting.


The reason for the jump room - a few minutes without kids bothering parents.


The marinated flank steak.

Chicken and steak for the wraps.

This was the main reason we built (well, had professionals build) the patio - having people over and enjoying good food, drink, and company. Even on a Wednesday night where everyone is home by 8.

Everything turned out really good and juicy, and to top it all off I heard today that my new outside gas line will be installed next Thursday! Hopefully I'll be able to use it right away, and not have to wait for the township to inspect the work. I guess if I turn it on and don't blow up the grill, or the house, I'm set.

No comments: