Monday, June 25, 2007

The last supper...

OK, I may be jumping the gun here, because our gas line is to be connected tomorrow and conceivably there could be something wrong that requires another visit. Or I find out that the new Summit 620 actually was damaged in the wind storm last week. But if all goes well, tomorrow night will be the first dinner cooked on the new grill.

Photo_062507_001

We decided on strip steaks tonight and I went to fire up the old Genesis, and after 5 minutes the temp got to about 200 degrees. I knew we were finally out of propane, and that if all goes as planned, this would be used no more - it's last hurrah having been last week's steaks. So on to the Performer for a quick fire - I am now a true believer in using the little propane igniter to start the charcoal chimney. You can put it on for 3 minutes or so to get a nice start, or blast it for 10 and get all the coals red hot so there's no down time. Obviously they wouldn't last as long, but for searing and a quick finish off-heat, it's a real convenient way to go.

Also, I discovered little chipotle chicken dogs at our local Amish farmer's market. About three inches long, with little bits of cheese in them. They were friggin' awesome - I can imagine eating a bucket's worth in a sitting with a nice cold beer.

Ahhh, summer!

No comments: