Monday, June 18, 2007

Muh muh muh myyy... Performer

I worked most of Father's Day weekend, starting just after picking up the Performer. Got home Sunday night around 8 after only 4 hours sleep all of Saturday night, and Son let me sleep in until 9am this morning so I could catch up. We went into the garage and I put together the Performer in about an hour. I'd still have to go to Home Depot if I wanted to connect the little propane tank to get the charcoal started, but I always used the Weber chimney when I had my old kettle. That seemed to work fine. I picked up some hardwood chunks at Lowe's and looked for a chimney, and they had a 4-qt one for $6. Hard to pass up, but it's not as big as Weber's, which I still want to get. It's very hard to find anywhere in stores, so I may have to spend $12 online and have it shipped for $10 - something I'm always reluctant to do. I've got a local ACE Hardware who has a nice little grill shop, so I'll stop by there today. I'm thinking that having the little propane lighter built into the Performer coupled with a chimney starter will be a nice combination, eliminating the need to use the little chimney starter blocks or just plain old newspaper. Nevertheless, I see a beercan chicken in my near future, and a smoked brisket is planned for Sunday.

Pictures to follow soon. I'm at work getting my CEO/business partner/father ready for a trip to China while he plays Flight Simulator with Son - sort of a day off, pseudo-Father's Day for us after working all weekend.

No comments: