Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Last Meal...



Working from home Thursday because the HVAC guys are coming to install the outside gas line, so for all intents and purposes (and just plain wishful thinking) these three strip steaks are the last meal I'll make on the ol' Weber Genesis.

They came out a bit charred because the grill is so caked on with carbon that the fat was not vaporizing on the bars, but just bursting into flame. I promise I will keep the new grill way, way cleaner. Actually, just clean would be enough... I didn't take care of you much my friend, but you took care of me.

Just as well anyway, because I'm just not a strip steak fan. A little too fatty for me, and I can't stand that sinewy strand that runs through it. Give me a filet or a flank any day. Though with the new grill (and meat prices where they are), I'm going to be experimenting with other cuts of meat. I hear hangar steak and tri-tips are becoming quite the go to cuts.

No comments: