Monday, June 11, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my first blog, ever. I've picked a standard blog generator, easy-to-read font, and will keep posts short. Of all my interests, I don't have much time to actually do them often, but one thing I get to do a few times a week that is not just for me but for family & friends too is grill. Even if it's just burgers and dogs, I like to cook for people. Last year my wife and I had our patio renovated and designed a cooking area. Turned out not to be big enough once we got our new gas grill (a Weber Summit 620), and a new Weber Performer charcoal grill is on it's way.



Above is "grillzilla", next to the soon-to-be retired Weber Genesis grill. I'm upgrading from liquid propane to natural gas, but at this time I'm still waiting for the NG line to be installed. So it's like getting the best toy on your birthday, but waiting 3 weeks for a battery. Even still, the wrapping has stayed on it, so it stays nice and pretty for its inaugural grilling session.

(New pics will not be taken with my Treo.)

I'll be posting other pics of the new charcoal grill too, once that gets delivered. I want to get back into charcoal for some low and slow smoking that I believe just can't be matched on a gas grill. Besides, where's the fun in flipping a switch and getting a flame? Nevertheless, I've only grilled on gas for the last 8 years or so, and greatly appreciate its easy startup. Plus, that new grill is big and shiny. Always a plus.

So this little blog will be devoted to what gets cooked on my grills and the entertaining that gets done around them. That's about it. No politics. No movie reviews. No musings. OK, well I can't promise everything in the first post. I just hope the pictures speak for themselves.

No comments: